The safety and wellbeing of our students is the foundation that underpins everything we do at City Academy. We know that healthy and safe students are happy students. We know that happy students make the most progress at school. To ensure that all our students are safe we have a safeguarding team onsite during working hours. Our aim is to work with you to ensure that all our students are safe.
Safer Schools Officer
Safer Schools Partnerships (SSP) help to keep students safe, reduce the risk of young people getting drawn into crime, anti-social or extremist behaviour, and improve the safety of the school site and surrounding area.
Our Safer Schools officer, a member of Norfolk Constabulary, works in partnership with the Academy supporting:
- The safety of pupils and staff, as well as the school site and surrounding area
- Young people in dealing with situations that may put them at risk of becoming victims of crime, bullying or intimidation, and providing support to those experiencing these things
- Early identification, support, and, where necessary, challenging pupils involved in, or at risk of, offending
- Improved standards of pupil behaviour and attendance, lessening the need for exclusions
- Improving relations between young people and the police, and between young people and the wider community
- Effectively approaching issues beyond the school site that negatively impact on pupil safety and behaviour
Safer Schools Newsletters
Operation Encompass is a police and education early information safeguarding partnership which was set up to help schools provide support to children who have been present at incidents of domestic abuse & violence.
Domestic abuse can impact upon social, psychological, physical, emotional and behavioural outcomes with an often negative impact on a child’s academic success.
Information about Operation Encompass
Our Safeguarding Team – Designated Safeguarding Leads
Tel: 01603 452628
|Mr P Collin, Headteacheremail@example.com|
|Mr S Franklin, Assistant Headteacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs C Bangay, Safeguarding Teamemail@example.com|
|Miss S Heath, Safeguarding Teamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs K Temple, Assistant Headteacheremail@example.com|
|Mrs R Crickmore, Deputy Headteacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs J Kitson-Cook, Assistant Headteacher, SENDCoemail@example.com|