How To Apply
At City Academy Norwich we are committed to ensuring success for all our students, whatever their ability.
We liaise closely with primary schools to ensure students who are joining us are placed appropriately for their individual development.
Admissions to City Academy Norwich are handled by Norfolk County Council.
CAN Admission Policies can be found here
You will be contacted directly by Norfolk County Council and asked to complete a Common Application Form where you outline your school preference. Norfolk County Council will then inform you which school your child has been allocated to.
Visit Norfolk County Council School Admissions
Secondary school admissions timetable 2023/24
- Round opens: 9 September 20222
- Round closes: 31 October 2022
- Applications forwarded to other Local Authorities: 5 December 2022
- Applications forwarded to other admission authorities: 5 December 2021
- Applications returned by other admission authorities: 13 January 2023
- Co-ordination scheme applied (no further changes until after offer day): 3 February 2023
- Offer day: 1 March 2023
- Appeals closing date: 22 March 2023
- Late application closing date: 22 March 2023
Mini admission round to consider changes: 3 April
- Late appeals closing date: 19 April 2023
Appeals hearings: May/June 2023
Waiting lists maintained to: 31 December 2023
Norfolk County Council School Admission Appeals
Applications for any year group should also be made through Norfolk County Council.
If you would like to visit our school, please contact us on: