We offer a varied menu with options for both hot and cold food. Each day there is a choice of a meal deal for £2.30. Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
You can view / download our menus here: Lunch Menus 2021/22
Cashless catering system
As you will be aware, the Academy runs a cashless payment system. To pay for your child’s meal you need to be signed up to our School Comms app – details of how to access this can be found here
Students in receipt of free school meals will have their account automatically credited with the allocated amount each day (see below).
If your child leaves the Academy and you wish to have any remaining balance from your child’s account refunded, please take a screenshot of the balance on the account from School Comms before their leaving date and upload to the form at the following link: CaterLink Ltd parent refund form
Your child’s fingerprint is used to access the cash terminals in the atrium. On admission to City Academy Norwich, we ask that you give your permission for us to use your child’s biometric data (finger print). You can withdraw your consent at any time by writing to the school.
If you do not wish your child’s biometric information to be processed by the school, or your child objects to such processing, we will provide reasonable alternative arrangements that allow them to access the relevant services.
Free school meals
Is your child eligible for free school meals? Apply for free school meals
The cost of a fixed price, two-course school meal and the value of a free school meal is currently £2.30. This amount will automatically appear each day on the cashless catering system. If it is not used it doesn’t carry over to the following day.
To be entitled to free school meals, parents/carers must be receiving one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more thank £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – with an annual earned income of no more than £7,400 a year
If you have any queries regarding any of the information above, please feel free to contact the school.